Terms of Service
What are the Terms & Conditions for using this website?
- By using this website, you also agree to respect our rights to our intellectual property.
- We do our best to provide accurate information throughout this website, but can’t guarantee that the site will never contain errors. We reserve the right to make corrections, updates, or changes at any time.
- This site does contain affiliate links. We’ll always identify those, so you’ll know.
- We never have access to your payment information. If you make a purchase through our store, your payment information is known only to PayPal (for PayPal purchases) or Stripe (for credit card purchases).
- We may choose to unsubscribe anyone from our email list at any time, for any reason.
- You must be over the age of 16 to use this website.
What about social sharing?
All text on this blog is the copyright of Melissa Camara Wilkins, unless otherwise noted. Do not copy, post, share, or sell content from this site without written permission.
We do love when you share links to this site. You are welcome to share excerpts (of no more than one paragraph and/or one image), as long as credit is given. Please include a link to the original content when sharing.
Does this site use affiliate links?
Yes, some links on this website are affiliate links. This website is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
That means that if you click through one of our links to do your shopping, we may earn a small commission on the sale. There’s never any extra charge to you. Phew! And thanks.
Any recommendations, opinions, and wording on this site are entirely Melissa’s own, and Melissa only recommend products she would (or does) use herself.
Can minors use this website?
In compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), we do not collect information from anyone under 16 years old. This website, including any products and services for sale, are all directed at people who are at least 16 years old or older.
What information do we collect?
We collect information that you provide voluntarily when you contact us, when you sign up for our newsletter or to receive a free offer, or when you place an order. That information could include your name and email address (for free offers or to subscribe), or payment information (when making a purchase).
We also collect information automatically when you visit this site. Automatically collected information could include your IP address, which browser you’re using, how you found this website, any search terms you enter, which pages you view, how long you spend on the site, and which links you click. This information is used to help us make this website as useful to you as possible.
How do we use your information?
- We use automatically collected data to improve your experience here.
- We may use automatically collected data to help us improve advertising campaigns across social platforms.
- We use the information you provide to process any orders you place.
- We use your name and email address to send you news and notes. That could include any free offers you’ve requested, any purchases you make in our store, periodic updates from Melissa, and news about new offers.
If you ever want to stop receiving our email, no problem! We include a link to allow you to unsubscribe from our list in every email we send. If you would like your data to be deleted from our system entirely, please contact us to let us know.
How do we protect your information?
We work with partners like MailChimp, Google, Stripe, and PayPal, who are committed to keeping your personal information secure.
You can find privacy policies for the services we currently use here:
- Facebook – facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Privacy
- Google Analytics – policies.google.com/privacy
- MailChimp – mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- PayPal – paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- SendOwl – sendowl.com/privacy
- Stripe (Worldwide) – stripe.com/us/privacy/
- Stripe (EU) – stripe.com/privacy-shield-policy
How long do we store your information?
Automatically collected information is deleted after 26 months. We continue to store voluntarily collected information, like your name and email address, indefinitely, unless you choose to unsubscribe.
Do we ever share your information?
We never sell, trade, or share your information. We may allow trusted third parties to help us operate this website or conduct our business, which may include access to our users’ data. In those cases, the third party agrees to keep this information confidential.
We also allow services such as MailChimp and Google Analytics to store and process your data, as described above.
And we do release information when required by law, when necessary to enforce our site policies, or to protect our or someone else’s rights, property, or safety.
What about cookies?
What if something changes?
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.